Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

There is so much I could say on this day of giving thanks. I am continually astounded by the Lord's faithfulness and care.

Today we celebrate Thanksgiving away from our family and our usual traditions. Though I miss spending Thanksgiving with extended family and seeing all my sweet cousins, I still find myself full of joy today.

When we came to Seminary, we had no idea that we would only be here for two years. Our experience could have been so different than it has been. It could have been very lonely. I know Seminary is lonely for a lot of people, and that sometimes it takes 1-2 years to begin to feel established. The Lord blessed us by allowing us to develop friendships quickly, and to get plugged into a church body within a few months. Come May, there will be so many people we are sad to leave. As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving with dear friends who are also away from home, I am so grateful for the way God has worked things out, for his fingerprints all over our time in St. Louis.

Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his,
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment