Saturday, November 6, 2010

Update

I thought it might be nice to give an update. I posted a few weeks back about how difficult this semester has been for us. Thank you to all who have prayed and thought of us since then.

On the whole, we are doing much better. I feel like I turned a corner this week with my anxiety. I've felt more like myself emotionally than I have in a long time. I am beginning to regain my excitement for life, and have been reminded of God's goodness and care both through his Word and through the many who have loved us well during this time.

In terms of school, though still struggling with motivation, we are hanging in there. We certainly do need prayer from all of you and help from the Lord, as it is getting to be that stressful time of the semester when lots of things are due. One thing that has been tough is that I have been sick off and on all semester. I can't seem to stay healthy for more than two weeks at a time. I've actually just come down with another nasty cold. I am hoping it will go away quickly- normally these colds last me about two weeks.

The main reason I am hoping this cold will go away quickly is that we are taking a big trip next weekend! We will fly into Charlottesville and stay a night with my parents, and then drive to Harrisonburg to meet Rob and Becca. All four of us will drive together to Silver Spring, MD to stay in hotel rooms that have been graciously provided for us by Suzanne, Drew's Mom. We are planning to take the metro into D.C. on Saturday night to enjoy the city. Then on Sunday we will get to spend some time with Dan, the man who leads the World Harvest team we are all trying to join. This is an important next step, so we are very excited and hoping that this meeting will be an encouragement to all and will continue to provide clarity about where God is leading us.

No comments:

Post a Comment